Below is a post I posted in Facebook recently. It’s a contrarian argument to the notion that President Trump caused all the recent foofaraw in Washington, DC.
I apologize in advance for this. I admit I am a bit of a contrarian, but I have the “gift” of being able to see many different angles and possibilities in things. Not a boast, by the way! It makes me indecisive, and I vacillate altogether too much as a result.
Now, with that out of the way, I don’t believe that the notion that “Trump is an evil menace who must go” is a slam dunk at all.
Nor do I believe that it’s a sure thing that “Trump incited riots or insurrection.” (Here’s Dinesh D’Souza saying Trump absolutely did not incite anyone to riot: link)
Remember: all our views into the incidents of recent days come from the dominant media, about which see more in the bulleted list below.
People do believe Trump is an evil menace who incited… etc. I believe their position is defensible, but not even close to being a slam dunk.
Well, here it is — a contrarian argument:
I’m going to say this very gently and in good faith. And I mean it in no hostile way at all. In other words, I believe that the idea that “Trump is evil and must go” is entirely defensible.
And it’s wrong. Or at least not a slam dunk, by any stretch of the imagination.
The 2020 election was stolen, and it was stolen by a multi-pronged effort that still managed to defeat Trump only by a whisker.
Ignore the reports of disappearing Trump ballots and magically appearing Biden ballots. (Though, those things should be thoroughly investigated)
The other reports (below) are indisputably true:
• Social Media placed an extremely heavy thumb on the scales. Inconceivable in the land of the First Amendment… but true. This is election interference with real effect. And, let’s call it what it was: fraud.
• Academia was nearly unanimous in its indoctrination-style teaching about the evils of America and Trump. And in its silencing of different points of view. Inconceivable in the land of the First Amendment! But true. This also is election interference with real effect. And, let’s call IT what it was: fraud.
• The media flogged obviously dubious narrative after obviously dubious narrative after obviously dubious narrative, for the entire Presidency, all of them turning out to be false (Charlottesville, bleach, dead soldiers, and, of course, Russia, Russia, Russia)
Inconceivable in the land of the First Amendment! But true. This is more election interference with real effect. And, let’s call it what it was: fraud.
Yes, there is a First Amendment protecting the media, but the media’s job is to tell the truth. When they lie — as they do promiscuously and relentlessly — it is: fraud.
• Hollywood and pop culture. This is election interference via propaganda… It’s election interference with real effect.
• Months of rioting, looting, burning, killing, assaulting, taking over government buildings, all egged on by the Democrats and far-left elected officials and the media, ALL of whom were vaguely hinting that if only Democrats were to win the election, then “normalcy” would return. Then, as if to confirm the worst suspicions, the riots magically… stopped after Election Day.
• Along with this, we have COVID — a malady slightly more serious than the flu — and the country shuts down entirely? Millions lose their jobs, retreat into their homes, and the Democrats begin to wail about giving them more money? Who flogged that moronic narrative?!?
Well: the media began aggressively to squelch views that differed from the orthodoxy of lockdowns, lockdowns, lockdowns and masks, masks, masks. Inconceivable in the land of the First Amendment… but true. This is election interference with real effect. And, let’s call it what it was: fraud.
• Then: mail-in voting! And it’s millions of possibilities for ballots just to appear, or disappear, as needed. As they appear to have done.
Seriously, only the truly naïve believe that it didn’t happen. However, in view of the above list of headwinds facing Trump it is legitimate to suggest that ballot fraud wasn’t sufficient to “overturn an election.”
It didn’t need to be.
It is not unreasonable to conclude that on the day after Election Day in 2016, top leadership of the Left said to each other, “Well, that’ll never happen again, we’re gonna guaran-durn-TEE it!“
With the message-manipulating arsenal I detailed above, if I were a leader of the Left, I’d have absolutely investigated the possibility of guaran-durn-teeing the outcome of the next election!
And, I guaran-durn-tee you that some on the Left did investigate the possibility of being durned sure that the election was not going to be lost… whether it was lost or not.
Did they act on that impulse? I dunno, but no one doubt the corruption and ruthlessness of the Left.
It’s important to know that the Republicans and the Trump re-election team had none of the above rather massive weapons at their disposal. None.
Yeah, yeah, yeah… FOX News. Weak tea compared to the above-listed things. The fact that FOX News is the only thing anyone can list as remotely favoring Trump or Republicans, just drives my point home even more persuasively.
In summation, the conclusion that Trump is evil and must go is absolutely defensible. I’d ask everyone, though, to agree that people who believe that the election was stolen in the ways I suggested above also have a perfectly defensible, even commonsensical, quite credible, entirely possible, even likely… point.
Needless to say, I welcome opposing points of view and disagreement.