What the heck?!?
Has anyone ever heard of:
- “Separation of Powers?”
- “Balance of Power?”
- “Co-equal Branches of Government?”
- “Checks and Balances?”
Serious question here: What is the phrase “Checks and Balances” if not just different words meaning… “Obstruction?”
The President has one job…
Just kidding. The President has many jobs, but one of them, and one of the most important, could be labeled: “Obstruction of Congress.”
The founders of this country understood that to vest too much power in any one entity of the government would be to court disaster in the form of either personal or oligarchical tyranny. That’s why they did their level best to separate power, to distribute it, to divvy it up, between the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of the American government.
The founders also knew that each of these entities would tend to try to grab more and more power over time. In one of the most revolutionary notions of recorded history, they also recognized this as a serious problem. Accordingly, they made it a sacred responsibility of each branch of government to… obstruct the others.
The deluded idiot Democrats in Washington — the entire delegation in the House of Representatives, but especially Schiff, Pelosi and the House impeachment managers — have turned “Doing His Constitutionally-Mandated Job” into an… “Impeachable Offense.”
Morons. Or, if you prefer: Treasonous ba*tards!
There can be no more dastardly attack on the U.S. Constitution than declaring that obstructing Congress is an impeachable offense, as opposed to what it truly is: a good thing.
Needless to say, the Democrats are in full deflection mode. Another tried and, sadly, true tactic of top Democrats is to do something horrible, and immediately accuse an opponent of doing the very same horrible thing. Thereby deflecting the attention of anyone in the moth-brained media who might be inclined to point out their crime. Note how they’re all about “protecting the Constitution” against a President who might be… impeding their power grab.
If only the Republicans, when they controlled the House, had been a whole lot more vigorous in their obstruction — their Constitutionally-mandated responsibility, I might add — of the power-mad Obama executive branch, when Obama was busily issuing obviously unconstitutional executive orders, siccing the IRS on Americans(1) trying to exercise their free speech rights, and more!
Still more to the point: It should be a good thing when Congress obstructs the President if he tries to grab too much power. This was why it was a very bad thing when the Republican House of Representatives refused to try — loudly — to block Obama’s power grabs. Remember: “I have a pen and a telephone“?(2)
And, let’s face it, obstruction is exactly what this Congress is trying to do. Why, then, do they lie about it? Why do they pretend that they’re such courageous defenders of the Constitution, when they’re simply engaged in stalling, stonewalling, monkey-wrench tossing, obfuscation, speed-bumping and pettifoggery? Or, if you will: obstruction.
Congressional Democrats are doing everything but being honest about what they’re doing. They’re lying, defrauding, deceiving, fabricating “crimes,” pretending they’re shocked — shocked! — that Trump is simply taking advantage of what their guy Obama did: agglomerate yuuge powers to the Presidency that Congress did nothing to prevent when it should have.
So then, why don’t the Democrats just admit what they’re doing? Answer: Simple (in bullet points):
- Democrats admit nothing… ever.
- They’re constitutionally incapable of telling the truth, because they needed a constant barrage of lies to achieve the positions of power they currently occupy. An edifice constructed of lies requires ever more lies to keep it erect.
- Hence, even when it would be advantageous for them to tell the truth, they don’t. They can’t.
- They’ve lost the ability to tell the truth because they haven’t had the inclination in decades. Due to lack of practice, they probably no longer even know how to tell the truth.(3)
- Furthermore, for people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff, lying and deception have worked so well. It’s similar to why the great Ted Williams never tried to hit to the opposite field.
- Bottom Line: If leading Democrats were to to tell the truth, it’d be like abandoning the one that brung ’em to the dance.
(1) There are extenuating circumstances.It was true that at that time any time anyone said anything even slightly critical of the Obama Administration, the media immediately tarred that person as, yep, a racist. Obama had more protection against criticism than any President in history. And took full advantage of it, becoming probably the most corrupt President, presiding over the most corrupt Administration in American history. At least in recent American history. Nixon wasn’t even close.
(2) Deadly serious question: How on earth is no one in jail for that one? Nixon was about to be impeached, before he resigned, merely because he mused about what Obama actually did!
(3) During the Clinton years, many were mystified. “Why,” they’d ask, “would Clinton lie about [fill in transparently unnecessary lie here] when the truth would have served him so much better?” Few, if any, then answered the question by suggesting that Clinton — the incredibly smooth, practiced, convincing, persuasive con artist that he is — might have lost the ability, through disuse, to be honest, having spent so much of his life prospering by the lie.