A Brief Discourse on The Damage the American Media Do to America
The majority of the media are Democrats/Leftists first, and journalists second (or third, or fourth, but never first). In this way, they’ve managed to neutralize completely one of the greatest miracles Western Civilization has ever seen: the First Amendment to the Constitution.
The text of the absolutely incredible phenomenon that is the First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. [Red highlight added to tease out the phrase: “Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press.“]
There is no “freedom of the press” so long as the press itself continues in its own ranks to engage in massive viewpoint discrimination against Conservative journalists.
If Hillary Clinton had won the election in 2016, and if she had said, exactly the same words as President Trump has said throughout his term so far, the media would have found some way to love it all.
If Hypothetical President Hillary Clinton had done the very same things, appointed the same Supreme Court Justices (she wouldn’t have, but if she had), lowered taxes, done the same travel bans, said the same things about immigration, the media would have found a way to love it all.
Oh, some of the media would have defected — further to the left, mind you — but the vast majority of the rest of the Leftish herd would have swung right into line.
Leftists, and the media, are nothing if not sheep.
The fact that Hillary is a woman would have trumped all else in the media herd’s hive mind. Just as Obama’s skin color thoroughly immunized him in that same hive mind. Obama could have launched an unprovoked nuclear attack against… France, and the media would have found a way to love it.(1)
Numerous times in these pages we’ve said: it’s much more important to elect a good President, rather than a black one. When Dirty Hillary was running, being consistent as we are, we also said: “it’s much more important to elect a good President, rather than a female one.”
A hypothetical(2) President Hillary could have said or done anything at all, and the media would have overwhelmingly fallen into line… and found a way to love it.
An example in a thought exercise:
Consider the case of two different Presidents:
- If real President Trump were to announce that the United States is going to annex the moon, and declare it to be the 51st state, imagine in your mind the media reaction. Now…
- If hypothetical President Hillary Clinton were to announce that the United States is going to annex the moon, and declare it to be the 51st state, now imagine in your mind the media reaction.
Bottom line: What you hear from the media is all ideology-driven(3). Therefore, it’s all wrong, or a lie, or misleading, or misleadingly incomplete, or flat-out wrong, or inaccurate.
You must, if you want to consider yourself informed, consume many, many media sources. If you want to be able to call yourself informed, you must learn to think critically. If you want to be actually informed, you must combine numerous media sources with finely-honed critical thinking.(4)
Let’s put this in current pop culture terms: Yo, media! You have one job! One frickin’ job! And that’s the one thing you don’t ever frickin’ do!
(1) Black-Female-Gay-Muslim-Trans. If you can be any combination of one or more of those things, you’re golden in the media. You could be a serial killing, puppy-kicking, child molesting, scum-sucking whore (I think I just summed up the American Left in one concise phrase 🙂 ), the media will still find a way to love you.
(2) Thank God, and I do, for that word!
(3) Important Note: This is not necessarily a bad thing. It’s an inevitable outgrowth of the human condition. However, in interacting with humans, it’s kind of important to have a good understanding of the human condition. It is important to note that a concept near and dear to the hearts of all Journalism School graduates — Journalistic Objectivity — is a nonsense term.
(4) It’s important to note that consuming many media sources, learning to think critically, then combining numerous media sources with finely-honed critical thinking, to become actually informed, is a nice summary of “The Basic Responsibility of All American Citizens.”
If all American citizens were to take this responsibility seriously, the Democrat Party’s electoral viability would evaporate overnight. Bernie Sanders would be tending bar in Burlington, Vermont. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would be waiting tables somewhere in the Bronx…
You get the picture.