You read it here first: the Russians didn’t want Donald Trump to win the 2016 presidential election. More to the point: Vladimir Putin absolutely wanted Hillary Clinton to win the 2016 presidential election.
- You learn nothing of any worth from the new media. They simply don’t know anything. I’ve studied the Soviet Union/Russia for decades, and — you read it here first: there’s just no way the Russians, as embodied by Vladimir Putin, wanted Donald Trump to win the 2016 presidential election.
- Want proof? Okay:
- Ever since the fall of the Soviet Union in the early 1990’s, the Russian empire had stayed within its post-Soviet borders. Until Barack Obama. Then, they just waltzed in and took the Crimean peninsula and large chunks of Ukraine.
- When Barack Obama took over the presidency, one of the first things he did was to remove defensive missiles from Eastern Europe, signalling that any kind of defense of our Eastern European allies would be a lot less ummm… enthusiastic.
- Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State, and the principal architect of the Obama foreign policy — if that’s what it can be called — that was the greatest gift to Vladimir Putin there could have been. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton allowed Russia to come back to super-power status. Putin owes Clinton.
- Putin owes Clinton, and Putin owns Clinton. Let’s not forget that the Russian government paid Bill Clinton a half a million dollars for a single one-hour speech in Moscow. Serious question: What do you think Bill Clinton could tell you that would be worth half a million bucks… Easy: nothing. But, half a million clams will get you a whole lot of face time with the husband of the future President of the United States. Now, though, Putin owns a has-been, washed-up, whiny, old has-been.
- There has never been any reason whatsoever to believe anything other than that Clinton would continue to be the feeble patsy she was as the Secretary of State of the even more feeble Barack Obama.
- There has never been any indication whatsoever that Hillary Clinton would do anything but allow Putin to continue to advance into Ukraine, then move on the Baltic states — Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and simply take them over.
- Trump was, for the Russians, a gigantic unknown. An unpredictable element that Putin knew — pre-election — he’d have to get a good understanding of before he did anything of any consequence.
- Putin knows this because he knows that he can’t overtly take on the United States just yet. His country is still a whole lot weaker militarily than the United States.
- Putin knows that if he were to provoke Trump too much, it’s possible that Trump would move defensive missiles back into Eastern Europe. That would put an abrupt end to Putin’s expansion westward into Eastern Europe.
- Putin knows full well that a President Hillary Clinton would never move the missiles back into Eastern Europe.
- There’s no doubt — no doubt whatsoever — that Vladimir Putin wanted Hillary Clinton to win the 2016 Presidential election.