Bottom Line: It’s a rock-solid, lead pipe cinch, sure thing that Putin would absolutely prefer a Clinton Presidency to a Trump Presidency. Hands down. A Clinton Presidency would mean that Vladimir Putin would have at least four years of a free hand in the world. Putin knew that. You and I knew that. America knew that. That’s why today we call Donald Trump: “Mr. President.”
A moment’s analysis of yesterday’s events should bring you to that conclusion. How’s that, you say? Simple: If we suggest that “Russia” and “Vladimir Putin” mean roughly the same thing — as in Putin establishes Russian foreign and domestic policy largely by himself — then you can be sure that Putin knows one thing absolutely for certain: A President Hillary Clinton would have done absolutely nothing in response to the Syrian gas attack, allegedly perpetrated by Syria’s dictator, Bashir Assad.
That response — nothing, that is — is the response that Putin absolutely would have preferred over the launching of American Tomahawk cruise missiles against a Syrian airfield, and its deeper meaning: a more assertive American presence in the Middle East.
A more assertive America in the Middle East is the very last thing on any Putin wish list.
So, why, I hear you ask, did the Russians hack into the Democrats’ data and expose all that Clinton campaign and Democrat Party corruption during the 2016 Presidential campaign?
Well, there are lots of possibilities, of which here are several:
- The Russians — ie, Vladimir Putin in support of whatever his policy goals were at the time — didn’t do the hacking.
- Look, it’s really easy to spoof an IP address. I can make it seem as if I’m coming from anywhere in the world, all while I’m sitting comfortably, wrapped in a blanket, hot toddy steaming in a mug, on a couch in my home in Connecticut. Easily. Nothing to it.
- Furthermore, a modestly skilled hacker can leave a trail of “bread crumbs” pointing to anywhere in the world as he tries to hack into this server or that. All while he’s sitting comfortably on a couch in his home in Nebraska… or Timbuktu. Or anywhere in the world.
- More to the point, any hacker would be sure to leave such a trail, so as to throw off pursuers if he was caught. The fact that investigators found “evidence” pointing to Russia is the first indication that it was … not Russia. Any skilled hacker would have made his origin untraceable. Easily.
- Even more to the point, a really skilled hacker would be sure that any trail he left behind would point away from him.
- The Russians did it, but were so confident that Clinton would win, that they thought they were not harming her election chances. Why would they do that? Simple: The Russians know that a President Hillary Clinton would have as inert and flaccid a foreign policy as her predecessor. But why not tie up her hands and time in intra-party scandal and infighting all the same? Just to be sure. It’s a time-honored tactic, and one that the Democrats are deploying against Trump as we speak.
- A Bernie Sanders operative did it, and tried to mask himself as “the Russians.” After all, the one who really benefitted the most from this was: Bernie Sanders. Don’t forget, this all came to light during the Democrat Party primaries… not during the general election season.
- Don’t forget: Julian Assange’s organization Wikileaks, was the actual origin of the hacked e-mails. No one knows how they obtained that data.
- A Republican operative did it and tried to mask himself as “the Russians.” Unlikely, but possible. The Republicans have made sure to keep their noses clean since Watergate. They know that if they’re caught, they’re dead electorally. Just like after Watergate, which was the biggest gift the Republicans ever gave to the Left. But the motives are obvious.
Right now, though, the best analysis suggests that the Russians … didn’t do it. If only because they were way too easily “caught.” Almost as if someone or someones… had left a trail of bread crumbs pointing directly to them. Surely, you’ve watched enough crime dramas in which the savvy detective says something like, “I don’t like it… we got ‘im way too easy. It’s like he just walked through the door. It stinks, I tell ya. Stinks!”
Furthermore, it’s a rock-solid, lead pipe cinch, sure thing that Putin would absolutely prefer a Clinton Presidency to a Trump Presidency. Hands down. Not even close. Not even debatable!
A Clinton Presidency would mean that Vladimir Putin would have at least four years of a free hand in the world. Putin knew that. You and I knew that. America knew that. That’s why today we call Donald Trump: “Mr. President.”
You and I both know that the Democrats looked at the results the day after the election and said, “Uh oh… we got nothing. At this point, all we can do is stall, and delay, and sue, and delay some more, and sue some, more and stall, and delay until we’ve got the whole Trump Administration bogged down in the tar pits of the American Judicial System.”
That’s all this so-called “investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election” is.