In stark terms: James Comey said several things yesterday in his testimony before Congress:
- Hillary Clinton is either (1) really stupid, or (2) really corrupt, or (3) really incompetent. Number two is obviously true; numbers one and three are likely true of Hillary as well.
- Hillary Clinton didn’t lie to the FBI, Comey said, but she lied — over and over and over and over and over and over and over again — to you and me.
- Remember the old joke? How can you tell a politician is lying? His lips are moving. How can you tell Hillary’s lying? That’s the joke Comey told yesterday in Congress. Oh, he used different words, but the joke is the same. And the joke’s on us.
- Trey Gowdy asked a barrage of questions that went like this: Gowdy: “Hillary Clinton said ‘[fill in Clinton statement here]’; was that true?” Comey’s response: “[Some variation of] No.”
- Yes, there is a case to bring Clinton up on perjury charges. She did, under oath to “tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth” make those same statements to Congress. Comey made the case to bring that charge.
All these things are perfectly comprehensively, completely and totally disqualifying for someone to run for local dogcatcher, much less the Presidency.