If the media were simply honest — not objective — just honest:
- There would be no Hillary Clinton candidacy
- There would be no Bernie Sanders candidacy
- Both would be private citizens; one might be in prison
- There would be multiple imprisonments for the IRS abuses, and those crimes would be known for what they are: the worst abuse of power in the history of American Presidential Administrations.
- Benghazi wouldn’t have happened because Hillary Clinton would not have been Secretary of State.
- There would have been no Obama candidacy in 2008. Not saying there would have been no Obama candidacy at all, just that the candidacy of a junior Senator with no accomplishments and having been in the Senate for a couple of years would have, rightly, been laughed out of the room for what it was: ridiculous.
- There would be no Donald Trump candidacy. The candidacy of a rich reality television show host would have been laughed out of the room.
- There would be no Cruz or Rubio candidacies, for the same reason as #6, above. All three: Obama, Cruz and Rubio would have had to establish some kind of longer-standing public record of accomplishment or leadership.(1)
- Without a Cruz, Rubio or Trump candidacy, there would be three outstanding Republican candidates in the race for the Presidency: Rick Perry, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal.
- Those three outstanding, accomplished, proven candidates would demonstrate what would be obvious: the real, intelligent, ideas come from the political right.
- Also: By far the strongest “bench” would be on the right. It’s possible we could be contemplating a real Renaissance for America, with the potential for some twenty years of outstanding Republican Presidential candidates. All while the Democrats are intellectually bankrupt.
- Those three outstanding Republican candidates — Perry, Jindal, Walker — would face the weakest candidates imaginable from the Democrats. Why? After all, as mentioned above, there would be no Clinton or Sanders candidacy. Answer: Well, also as mentioned above, Sanders and Clinton are corrupt, stupid, easily beatable with plain talk. And they’re, let’s face it, the very best the Democrats have.
- This country would have a really good chance of avoiding catastrophe, instead of what we face now: a disaster in the form of Clinton or Sanders, and a crapshoot in the form of Trump.
(1) With all that said, my only choice this go-round is Cruz. Though, honesty compels me to admit that he’s a gamble.