Note: This is a follow-up to our post (here) — immediately previous to this one — updating our research project on America’s Race Grievance Industry, the repugnant, racist umbrella organization that dictates the form and parameters of any “conversation on race” in America today. The post below is the lengthy post and comments from Abagond’s blog that provided a lot of material for our television series on race, and for an upcoming book.
Notes on xPraetorius
Fri 16 Aug 2013 by abagond
I have not written a blog post since Tuesday. Instead I have been commenting and moderating the “Was Hitler evil?” thread. In the post I took the moral reasoning that White Americans apply to their own history and applied it to Hitler and the Holocaust to show how broken it is.
Enter xPraetorius, who on his own blog said:
… Abagond’s premise is that I’m a racist by virtue of the color of my skin. That’s offensive, racist, vile, outrageous, disgusting. At the VERY least it’s rude. When Abagond tried — hard — to equate Hitler with white people and white people with Hitler, he was at the VERY LEAST rude.
To defend the honour of white people on my blog he proceeded to use some of the very same broken moral reasoning. Unironically. Missing the point.
So, while this stuff is still fresh in my mind, some notes:
- He thinks anti-black racism in America is no longer a “big problem”: because he believes in the Bootstrap Myth (his “5 points”), the Black President argument and because, if White Americans were truly racist, they would not allow blacks to qualify for welfare. He sees welfare as a kind of reparations, to the tune of $17 trillion.
- His figure of $17 trillion does not take into account that most welfare does not go to black people nor does it seem to account for the cuts and reforms made to welfare since 1980.
- His best on-topic comment:
this morally broken reasoning is not being taught in schools; preached in churches; broadcast over any radio stations with any reach; published in any newspapers with any circulation; used as a platform by any serious candidates for public office; sung in any popular songs; spread about in any medium of any reach whatsoever anywhere. So, again, even if your statement were true of any significant number of white people anywhere — it’s not, but even if it were — it represents less of a problem than slow drivers on the interstate.
And yet he uses the morally broken reasoning himself! In that very thread. I have noticed that white people will say the same thing, word for word, coast to coast, yet it does not seem to be coming from the public White American culture, as he points out here. That is strange, I admit. I call it the Secret Course on Whiteness.
- He uses the gaslighting, NYPD definition of racism: I am racist only if I say I am. That is why he made such a big deal about me reading the minds of white people: racism is a matter of intention. Since I cannot read minds, I cannot tell if a white person is racist. I can only imagine it.
- He says I am a race baiter. He sees me like how I see Stormfront, skinheads and anti-Semites: dangerously spreading hate and prejudice. I am “toxic”, worse than any residual anti-black racism left in America. I have become what I hate.