- The Greek government knew what they were doing; they knew it would lead to disaster; they kept doing it. The Greek electorate kept electing people who kept promising things that a third-grader would know were impossible.
The Drudge Headlines:
- It’s really so simple: Decades ago Greek government officials knew that they couldn’t continue to pay out what they were paying out, without taking much more in.
- They understood that without free money from elsewhere — or without controlling their own greed and indolence — the country was doomed.
- So, did the Greeks decide to control their own greed and indolence? Nope.
- The Greeks launched a relentless pursuit of free money from elsewhere to pay for ridiculous pensions; retirees who retired at age 30, and a vast, sprawling “social safety net.” They have indulged in that self-defeating game now for decades.
- No Greek politician — except those never elected to a position of power — ever, ever said all that. No Greek politician ever elected to a position of power simply leveled with the Greek people, telling them the basic truth that I just stated above. Just that; just the simple truth. Greek “leaders” were gambling that the good times in other countries would continue to make it palatable for those other countries to pay for leisured, 30-year old Greek retirees for a long time to come.
- Oh, they’ll pretend they weren’t looking for free money, but socialists have no respect whatsoever for the concept of “paying someone back.”
- Don’t think too ill of them, it’s in all their sacred texts. They don’t believe in private property.
- You see, if no one owns anything, you can’t take anything from anybody. Therefore, you have no obligation to pay back a “loan.” I’m always amazed when socialists lend something — anything: money, property, time, land — to other socialists, knowing full well that socialists just don’t believe in paying anyone back.
- It should be noted that the socialists’ “sacred texts” are for crap. Just about anyone can wrap a bunch of fancy words around a bunch of moronic flapdoodle, and voilà! you have a “socialist sacred text!” Perfectly designed to flummox entirely those who aren’t paying attention: ie: most of the world.
- They, the Greeks, figured, “C’mon! The rest of Europe is a bunch of socialists just like us! They’ll take care of their own, won’t they? ‘Til we can get back on our feet?” But they never had the slightest clue about how to “get back on their feet.”
- Socialism, all of leftism, including America’s Democrat Party, are all about getting people off their feet. There’s nothing in their “sacred texts” about working, or about inventing, or about innovating; it’s all about taking from others to “liberate” themselves.
- Socialism, if you study it, and I have for years, has nothing real about growing wealth, because that’s just not a core concept of the doctrine.
- The Greeks knew, but ignored, the fact that socialists never “take care of their own.” Socialists take care of themselves, and everyone else be damned.
- So the European socialists did as they’ve always done: they took care of themselves. They knew that the Greeks had no real plan to “get back on their feet.”
- They, the European socialists, knew that the Greeks considered the Europeans’ money to be their own as soon as they got it.
- They, the European socialists, thought they could count on the rest of the world to pressure the Greeks to make good on their debts. They were wrong.
- The European socialists didn’t count on the fact that there was a socialist in the White House, aka in charge of what once was the world’s ATM.
- Oops! Socialists know that other socialists will do nothing but screw them. A simple truth: All socialists hate all other socialists.
- This flow of free money into a country with no intention to pay it back could have gone on for a long, long time into the future, if Thatcher’s First Law hadn’t kicked in, as it always does sooner or later, generally sooner: “you eventually run out of other people’s money.”
- The Greek government knew what they were doing; they knew it would lead to disaster; they kept doing it.
- The Greek electorate kept voting these fakes, frauds, phonies, fools, crooks, charlatans and dirtbags. Here are some of them:
- I’ve listened to Greek-on-the-street interview after interview after interview. And they all say how they just feel so betrayed. Since it was the American media doing the interviewing, that was the narrative they wanted to promote. But, the Greeks weren’t betrayed by anyone but themselves.
- Greeks kept electing the very people who were promising things that a third-grader would know were ludicrous, stupid, impossible.
- See the third headline at top? The Greeks are thinking they still might get some free money. The thinking: Surely, Goldman Sachs has a few billion lying around.
That’s a lot of stuff, but that’s because the Greek socialists and the European socialists did all they could to pile a blizzard of imbecilic poppycock wrapped in fancy words, doing whatever they could to disguise the very simple fact that everyone knows: The Greek government knew what they were doing; they knew it would lead to disaster; they kept doing it. The Greek electorate kept electing people who kept promising things that a third-grader would know were impossible.