- Christians covered the ugliness of murder with the healing balm of forgiveness. That was an act of indescribable beauty.
Now to the seamier side of the reactions to this terrible thing.
- Black lives matter. For good or ill, they matter more than other lives in America. Condemnation of this terrible incident and of its perpetrator were unanimous. However, if this terrible incident had been racially reversed, if a black man had murdered nine white people in a church, the left would have fallen all over themselves to search for “root causes,” to place blame on Conservatives for the depraved acts of a deranged madman. How do I know this? They do it all the time now. When the media forget about this horrible incident, as they will in a week or so, we’ll still be left with the depressing fact that black Americans continue to kill each other at a far greater rate than the South Carolina psychotic could even dream of. They’ve been doing it for years, and the left-wing media have ignored it for just as long. Black lives matter. All lives matter. Just not to the American left.
- The left rushed to blame Conservatives for the ugliness in South Carolina, but if any political tendency contributed to Roof’s acts, it is the American left, whose efforts and words goaded Roof to his act. How’s that you say? Well, all accounts say that the shooter said something about how “you rape our women and are taking over our country.” But, who is it who infantilizes black Americans? Who excuses anything and everything that black criminals do when they do it, insisting that we look to causes other than a real person acting badly? Whose policies have annihilated the black family inevitably producing crushing dependence on state services? Whose rhetoric has told black Americans that they are not responsible for their own failures, or their own acts, but rather it is white people’s racism holding them back? Whose rhetoric and policies have thereby relentlessly stoked racial hatred for decades? Whose doctrines have owned American cities for decades and transformed them into hellholes and war zones? Read this well: there is not a single Conservative commentator, or FOX news personality who has ever advocated the racist policies of the left, who has ever suggested anything that could possibly be construed as supporting the idea that black Americans are “raping our women and taking over our country.” Ever. Know how I know that? Simple. Think about it. If such a personality had ever even come close to saying such a thing, it would instantly become headlines in all the left-wing media. There have never been such headlines, only constant innuendo and unsubstantiated slanders. Therefore, you can know perfectly well that the American right has never advanced these messages. Therefore these messages are coming from the left. Read this well too: If Dylann Roof somehow “got” messages that black people are “raping our women and taking our country” he got them from the left. You and I both know this.
- In that light, someone tried to advance the idea that young Roof is a Republican. Really? When was the last time you ever got the impression that the Republican Party was the party of American white trash like Roof? The party of the low-lifes and the low-functioning, of the uneducated and the undereducated, of the whiners and the snivelers, of the failures and the losers-looking-for-an-excuse-for-their-failure is, obviously, not the Republican Party. The losers can become Republicans when they grow up, and recognize that America is the land of opportunity, and that there’s no reason for anyone of any background whatsoever to fail in America except if he simply doesn’t try. It is the American left doing its level best to convince black Americans that they just can’t make it so there’s no point in even trying, and all that remains for them is to seethe in resentment and to demand free stuff and, oh yes … vote Democrat.
- There is only one message one can derive from this: The American left do not mind it when black people die. After all, why let a good tragedy go to waste, right? It’s worth repeating: The American left do not mind it when black people die.
- The only people sticking up for black people — in poverty, in the cities, in distress, in despair — are Conservatives. We Conservatives have always treated black Americans like real people, like people-in-full. Like people fully endowed with all the characteristics, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, the rights and responsibilties, of real human beings.
- Needless to say, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton leaped to make it all political. It reminded me of this. This is a characteristic of the American left: they view everything through one lens: “How can this thing, whatever it is, contribute to my/our taking/keeping power?”